Saturday, August 27, 2011

Discovering Dream Boards

As you can see, I can never seem to "commit" to a project and FOLLOW THROUGH to FINISH it. I've got tons and tons of scrapbooks, Art Journals, "Happy Books", crafts, websites, and many various creative projects STARTED... I'm always having these inspirational ideas... then never really seem to get past the first step. I need to find a way to overcome that. I blame it on my "lack of time" but then there are times where I hunger to work creatively on something, then stare blankly at it for hours, accomplishing nothing. :(

Right now I'm in one of those, Creative Personal Growth moods. I like to call it "Jessica Time". I've been surfing e-courses and dreaming about how much I would love to take one (they are VERY expensive and require the dedication to COMMIT... a trait which I lack.) And I JUST moments ago discovered Dream Boards.

I'm basically just compiling a blog of links/references for later... when I force myself to MAKE the time to explore my creative pursuits. I'm kind of hoping Hurricaine Irene traps me in the house all day tomorrow so that I can have an EXCUSE to make things happen!! I'm so intrigued by collages and dreams (like 50% of my purchased blank journals have the word "Dream" on the cover!) and I can't wait to research more and create my first one!

<3

Oprah's Take on Dream Boards:
http://www.oprah.com/packages/o-dream-board.html

How to Make a Dream Board:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Dream-Board

Motivational Life Coach Dream Board:
http://www.qualified-lifecoach.com/Dream-Board.html

Book That I Want (Where I first learned about a "Dream Board" and googled it):
http://bigdreamssmallwonders.com/workbook-planner/


Now, I'm off to locate some magazines! I know I have thrown most of them out over the years, but I have also been collecting "cut outs" for many years as well, hoping to one day do SOMETHING with them. (aka another perfect example of an "idea" that never made it past the first stage of the project!) Now I've just got to find them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment